To build wealth and freedom from your business, you need a certain mindset. You must have the willingness and ability to see yourself totally free from the need to work for a living. And you have to believe that your business is your major wealth creation tool and your ticket to the life of your dreams.
I call this way of thinking “A Freedom Mindset”. From my interviews with many wealthy entrepreneurs I discovered ten traits they all had in common which create the foundation for the Freedom Mindset:
- Vision. Successful business people have a really clear picture of their business when it’s ‘complete’, they can see where it is all heading.
- Belief. However big and daring their goal, they believe that they can do it.
- Passion. Starting each day with a fire in your belly and feeling passionate about what you do is another factor that unites the business elite.
- Goals. Successful business people are goal setters. They have the willingness to look out to the future, to see the vision and then set goals along the way to make sure they get there.
- Plan. But of course goals without a plan are just goals, so another trait that comes through when you talk to wealthy entrepreneurs that is that they had a plan for their business. They see the vision of ultimate success, they set some really clear goals and then they put a plan in place of how they will get there
- Action. A plan is just a plan until you put it into action. The best plan in the world will not succeed unless someone implements it. Another trait of really successful people is that they are action-orientated people. They are people who will actually follow through on the plan that they’ve created for themselves.
- Determination. Wealthy entrepreneurs don’t give up when the going gets tough. They keep going no matter what.
- Failure. Things will go wrong. The ability to learn from the failure, to take the learning, pick yourself up and carry on – that is a key trait to being a successful business person.
- Wealth positive not money negative. The business elite are not frightened to build a business that makes them phenomenally wealthy.
- Giving back. To share and make a difference on the planet is what drives the difference between the average business owner-operator and those that go forward and create phenomenal wealth.
From the desk of liber8yourbusiness. Business mentors and experts in small business exit strategies. Based in Wellington, New Zealand.