Talking to a client today about how tiring her month had been with a roller coaster of ups and downs and good and bad, I found myself talking to her about my golf recently and how I was enjoying the ups and downs of it all. It occurred to me that business and golf are similar in many ways. Here are just six reasons why owning your own business is like playing golf:
1. You have to be passionate about it and it takes up a lot of your time.
2. You can just get started anytime you like with no professional help, but you quickly discover that a bit of guidance is a really good idea
3. You won’t get any better at it if you don’t keep playing the game – practice, practice, practice!
4. One day everything will be brilliant and you’ll know exactly why you love it
5. The next day it will all turn to s**t and you’ll want to give it up forever
6. You can aim for the hole in one, but small consistent steps can win the game
And here’s one major difference:
With golf you need little balls. With business you need….
Enjoy the game!
From the desk of Liber8me. Business mentors and author of Liber8 your Business: The revolutionary business planning technique that will set every small business owner free